WELCOME BABY RATTLER PARENTS AND GUARDIANS!
FAMU Developmental Research School is committed to providing a quality education for students by promoting rigor and innovative strategies for teaching and learning. Our teachers and staff strive to provide your son/daughter with the best education possible to prepare them for college or a career. FAMU DRS understands and believes that parents and guardians are the most powerful influence on a child's success in school. Research shows that a home environment that supports learning is more important to student success than income, education level, or cultural background [Henderson and Mapp 2002]. Parents, guardians, teachers, staff, and community members are members of the DRS family and team. Below you will find some helpful resources so that we can work together to boost student achievement!
Additional information and resources may be found under Departments for Elementary, Middle School, and High School parents and guardians.
Information to Help Support Your Student
Information and Resources
General Parent Information
- FOCUS Online Registration Parent Portal (Use this link to register for a FOCUS account)
- Bullying/Harassment Prevention
- CPalms (Florida Education Standards)
- Contact Teachers
- Title I Resources
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- FL Department of Children and Families
- FL Department of Education, Parent Info
- FL Department of Education Interactive Information Portal (Accountability Report Cards, District Assessment Results)
- FSAssessments.org (FSA Resources Portal)
- Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- Right To Know
- School Public Accountability Reports
- Just Read, Florida!
- Donate to FAMU DRS
- National Achievers Society Information
Summer Reading Lists
2023-2024 School Supply Lists
Volunteer with FAMU DRS
Per, the Florida Department of Education, updated Emergency Guidelines for Schools The Emergency Guidelines for Schools – 2019 Florida Edition provides comprehensive easy-to use guidance with recommended procedures for Florida school personnel to handle a wide variety of student health emergencies at school and school-sponsored activities. The 2019 Emergency Guidelines for Schools has now been shipped statewide to County Health Departments for distribution to individual schools. The updated emergency guidelines include communicable disease guidance, as well as infection control, and the steps schools can take before, during and after a pandemic flu outbreak.
2020-2021 Reopening Plans
Xfinity Hotspots Across the County
Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots across the county have been opened for access by anyone who needs Wi-Fi. They are free for all including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. A map of available Xfinity hotspots is available here.