WELCOME BABY RATTLER PARENTS AND GUARDIANS!
FAMU Developmental Research School is committed to providing a quality education for students by promoting rigor and innovative strategies for teaching and learning. Our teachers and staff strive to provide your son/daughter with the best education possible to prepare them for college or a career. FAMU DRS understands and believes that parents and guardians are the most powerful influence on a child's success in school. Research shows that a home environment that supports learning is more important to student success than income, education level, or cultural background [Henderson and Mapp 2002]. Parents, guardians, teachers, staff, and community members are members of the DRS family and team. Below you will find some helpful resources so that we can work together to boost student achievement!
Additional information and resources may be found under Departments for Elementary, Middle School, and High School parents and guardians.
Fall 2019 (Beginning-of-the-Year)
Parent/Guardian Climate Survey
Parents/Guardians, this is your opportunity to provide feedback to the administration regarding your experiences with and perceptions of FAMU DRS. Please be honest and speak your truth when you provide your feedback; however, make sure you do NOT include any profanity, innuendos, or threats in your responses. All responses are anonymous and completely voluntary. (Any responses which include profanity/cursing, innuendos, or threats will be deleted and not included in the survey response report.)
The FAMU DRS 2019-2020 Beginning-of-the-Year Parent/Guardian Climate Survey
will be available for completion
from Tuesday, November 12, 2019 to Friday, December 12, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
General Parent Information
- FOCUS Online Registration Parent Portal (Use this link to register for a FOCUS account)
- Bullying/Harassment Prevention
- CPalms (Florida Education Standards)
- Contact Teachers
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- FL Department of Children and Families
- FL Department of Education, Parent Info
- FL Department of Education Interactive Information Portal (Accountability Report Cards, District Assessment Results)
- FSAssessments.org (FSA Resources Portal)
- Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- Right To Know
- School Public Accountability Reports
- Just Read, Florida!
- Donate to FAMU DRS
- National Achievers Society Information
2019-2020 Information and Resources
We welcome your feedback on our newly redesigned website. Please take a moment to take the attached survey and let us know what you think.