About » Employment at FAMU DRS

Employment at FAMU DRS


Faculty Positions at FAMU DRS

For Faculty positions, please see the FAMU Human Resources (HR) webpage


Supplemental/Summer Jobs

To apply for supplemental and summer positions please contact and send resume and cover letter to:

Jillian Leggett, Coordinator of Administrative Services
400 Orange Avenue
Tallahassee, FL 32307

List of Available Summer Positions

» Coming Soon coming soon


Substitute Teachers

Florida A&M University Developmental Research School is seeking substitute teachers.
Persons interested in applying should pick up an application packet from the Developmental Research School’s front office (or contact Ms. Jillian Leggett) and adhere to the following check list:

  1. To substitute teach at FAMU Developmental Research School, you will need an AA Degree or 60 semester hours of collegiate courses. A bachelor’s degree is not required. Please provide a recent transcript (official or unofficial).
  2. The loyalty oath form requires a notary. (Enclosed in the Application packet)
  3. Please bring your social security card and driver’s license when you turn in your application packet.
  4. Please provide a voided check or a form or a letter from your bank that reflects your account number and routing number to be attached to the direct deposit form. (Direct Deposit is required for all FAMU employees.)
    • Applicants are to report to Leon County School Board to be fingerprinted.
    • Please make sure you fill out your back ground check form and take it with you to be fingerprinted. (enclosed in the packet).
    • Make a money order out to Finger Printing Services, LLC or you may use a credit card ( Visa or Master Card). The fee is $61.00.
  • Substitute teachers are paid $12.00 per hour at FAMU Developmental Research School.
  • If you are called to substitute teach, please make sure you get a parking permit from parking services at the university. If not, you will receive a parking citation.