FAMU DRS + LTC CTE Dual Enrollment
FAMU Developmental Research School scholars enrolled in the FAMU DRS Career and Technical Education (CTE) Dual Enrollment Program have the opportunity to enroll in and take courses in specific CTE programs at Lively Technical College. All students participating in the FAMU DRS + LTC CTE Dual Enrollment program must agree to follow a specified program of study designed to ensure students earn relevant industry certification and leading the the attainment of workforce program completion in selected Lively Technical College CTE programs.
LTC Mission Statement: The mission of Lively Technical College is to provide career-oriented education for the community.
LTC Vision Statement: Our vision is to lead workforce training by utilizing industry driven educational solutions and community partnerships to equip students to meet the needs of local and global employers.
- Scholars may ONLY enroll in courses following the selected and approved Program of Study.
- Programs are based upon clock hours; it is critical that students not miss days or time in program courses.
- Scholars will work with guidance to determine enrollment schedules (consideration must be given to the scheduling of required FAMU DRS courses).
- Students may enroll in programs during part-time/half-day blocks.
- Morning Session: Courses are 8:00 am - 11:45 am
- Afternoon Session: Courses are 12:15 pm - 4:00 pm
- Full-time participation is restricted and only available for 11th and 12th grade scholars who meet certain requirements. Full-time participation must be applied for and will be considered on a case-by-case basis and at the discretion of the FAMU DRS administration and Director of Guidance. Scholars may not enroll into LTC full-time unless special permission has been specifically granted.
- FAMU DRS will NOT be responsible for any financial commitments entered into by any student/parent/guardian outside of this process and without the express authorization of district administration. Nor will FAMU DRS be responsible for any financial commitments entered into by ay student/parent/guardian who enrolls or registers on their own.
- Students may lose the opportunity to participate in the dual enrollment program if they have unsatisfactory attendance, behavior, and/or are disruptive to the learning process.
- Grade Point Average: 2.0 unweighted GPA
- Grade Level: Grades 10-12 (Scholars must be classified as being in either Grade 10, 11, or 12 at time of admission.)
- Age: at least 16 years old (Scholars must be at least 16 years old; however, some programs may have additional, higher age restrictions.)
- Credits Earned: Scholars must have earned at least 11 high school credits prior to admission.
- Test Score Requirements: Scholars may meet score requirements using PER or TABE scores (scores must be earned within two years of admission). Specific scores needed are outlined in the FAMU DRS Career and Technical Education Dual Enrollment Student Handbook.
- Baking and Pastry Arts
- Digital Design 1
- Digital Design 2
- Digital Media/Multimedia Design
- Fundamental Foodservice Skills
- Legal Administrative Specialist
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Medical Assisting (Fulltime Program)
- Patient Care Technician (Fulltime Program)
- Professional Culinary Arts & Hospitality
- Industrial Pipefitting (Prerequisite for Welding Technology)
- Welding Technology