FAMU DRS offers a school-wide Title I program (K-12) that allows all students enrolled in elementary, middle, and high school to access quality, scientifically research-based programs and supplemental resources to ensure academic achievement.
Services funded through the federal Title I grant program include intervention services in reading, mathematics, science, computer-assisted instruction, parent services, free tutoring in after-school programs, Exceptional Student Education (ESE), career education programs, programs for homeless students, and educational services to limited English speakers and migrant students.
Under the Title I program, families of students enrolled can look forward to the following:
- Student assessment data is made available to each parent. Our school’s grade and Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) data are available through parent meetings and/or letters sent home for parents and the community.
- An annual survey(needs assessment) conducted at the end of each school year which allows the school administration, faculty, staff, students and parents to provide insight on the needs of the school and students. Data from the needs assessment is used to develop individual School Improvement Plans and Parental Involvement Plans (PIP).
- Decision making bodies that encourage parents to have a voice in activities that foster school improvement and student achievement. These decision making bodies include the School Advisory Council (SAC), the DRS Family Involvement Committee, and the DRS Parent Teacher Association (PTA). Parents are also encouraged to attend school board meetings to have their voice heard.
For more information about our Title I program, please view the links below:
- Title I
- Supplemental Education Services (SES)
- SES Data
- For the 2013-2014 school year, FAMU DRS will not be participating in the SES program. However, FAMU DRS will provide free tutorial services for students in grades 3-12 who mayhave scored a Level 1 or Level 2 on the 2013 FCAT assessment.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
- Homeless Education
October 8, 2015
» Upcoming Events
||End of Course-Algebra I Retakes, Civics, Biology I, U.S. History
||End of the First Nine Weeks (43 days nine weeks)
||Teacher Planning/Inservice Day (Students Out)
||Veterans Day Holiday (Districtwide)
||Florida Classic (School Early Release)
||Thanksgiving Holiday (Students & Teachers Out)
||Thanksgiving Holidays (Districtwide)
||End-of-Course-Algebra I and II, Geometry, Civics, Biology I, U.S. History
||Middle and High School Exam Days/Elementary Middle and High Early Release
» Current News