School Resource Officer
Hello I am Officer Scott, the School Resource Officer at Florida A&M University Developmental Research School. Please browse this link to see what we can offer regarding safety and security at the DRS. Our goal is to ensure that your child has the opportunity to experience a safe and secure environment to facilitate a positive and productive learning environment.
SAFETY AND SECURITY FAST FACTS
When visiting FAMU DRS please remember to:
• Park in the Wahnish Way parking lot. Please do not park in a reserved, employee, or student parking space. Please park in a space facing Wahnish way.
• Check-in at the main office in building 200 along the Wahnish Way parking lot.
• Present a valid Driver’s License.
• Retrieve and wear a valid “Visitors” sticker before entering any building on campus.
• Volunteers are required to have a current background check. Please contact the school regarding the level of background check required at (850)412-5930 or myself at (850) 412-5857.
Please adhere to the posted 20mph school zone signs on Wahnish Way and Orange Avenue. The flashing school zone lights are as follows:
Mornings - 7:30am-9:15am
Afternoons - 3:30-4:15pm
Family links to ensure safety and security
Please feel free to visit these websites to help your family be safe at all times.
Bullying & Harrassement
FAMU DRS School District believes that all of its students and school employees be afforded an educational setting that is safe, secure, and free from bullying and harassment of any kind. At FAMU DRS bullying and/or harassment are Level III Student Code of Conduct infractions and are major acts of misconduct. Bullying and/or harassment will not be tolerated and disciplinary action will be taken. In addition to school consequences, criminal charges may also be filed. FAMU DRS is a Bullying zero tolerance school district and school.
September 5, 2015
» Upcoming Events
||Labor Day Holiday (Districtwide)
||End-of-Course-Algebra I and II, Geometry
||End of Course-Algebra I Retakes, Civics, Biology I, U.S. History
||End of the First Nine Weeks (43 days nine weeks)
||Teacher Planning/Inservice Day (Students Out)
||Veterans Day Holiday (Districtwide)
||Florida Classic (School Early Release)
||Thanksgiving Holiday (Students & Teachers Out)
||Thanksgiving Holidays (Districtwide)
» Current News