School Resource Officer
Officer Tara Butler
SAFETY AND SECURITY FAST FACTSParking
When visiting FAMU DRS please remember to:
• Park in the Wahnish Way parking lot. Please do not park in a reserved, employee, or student parking space. Please park in a space facing Wahnish way.
• Check-in at the main office in building 200 along the Wahnish Way parking lot.
• Present a valid Driver’s License.
• Retrieve and wear a valid “Visitors” sticker before entering any building on campus.
• Volunteers are required to have a current background check. Please contact the school regarding the level of background check required at 850-412-5930 or myself at 850-412-5932.
Please adhere to the posted 20 mph school zone signs on Wahnish Way and Orange Avenue. The flashing school zone lights are as follows:
Mornings - 7:30 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
Afternoons - 3:30 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Family links to ensure safety and security
Please feel free to visit these websites to help your family be safe at all times.
Bullying & Harrassement
FAMU DRS School District believes that all of its students and school employees be afforded an educational setting that is safe, secure, and free from bullying and harassment of any kind. At FAMU DRS bullying and/or harassment are Level III Student Code of Conduct infractions and are major acts of misconduct. Bullying and/or harassment will not be tolerated and disciplinary action will be taken. In addition to school consequences, criminal charges may also be filed. FAMU DRS is a Bullying zero tolerance school district and school.