Every child has the right to an education! If, due to a loss of housing, you must live in a shelter, motel, vechicle, or campground; on the street; in abandoned buildings; or doubled-up with relatives or friends; then we can help remove barriers that could exclude your child from receiving the maximum education that they deserved. Pelase contact our Homeless Liasison for further questions for assistance.
Homeless Education/Foster Care Liaison: Renee Jerry, Renee.email@example.com, 850-412-5851
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Who is homeless? Law into Practice
- Homeless Policy
- Bond Community Health Center
- We Care Physician Referral Network - refers uninsured residents to physicans and other providers who offer free service.
- 1204 Miccosukee Road, Tallahassee, FL 32398
- Whole Child Leon - referral to a variety of social services for families with young children.
- Big Bend Homeless Coalition, HOPE Community - They offer several different components, including the following. HOPE Community can offer short term transitional housing for women, men and families for up to 6 months. Veterans can receive referrals to permanent supportive housing. Those at risk of evicition/homeless may receive informaiton on rent assistance. Another option is Home Plate/A Place Called Home, which is for the disabled in Leon County. Free meals are served too.
- 2729 W. Pensacola St., Tallahassee, fL 32304
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Improvements Act of 2001